The Greenville University Athletic Department is excited to host its 3rd Annual Jack D. Trager Memorial Panther Pride Golf Scramble on Friday, June 8. The event is named in memory of our late Athletic Director, Head Men's Basketball Coach, and Head Men's Golf Coach Jack Trager.
This year marks the 24th occurrance of this major summer fundraising event. For the first 21 years, it was known as the Panther Pride Golf Scramble. We will again play at Indian Springs Golf Course – just west of Van Burensburg, Ill., on Illinois Route 185.
Several generous key sponsors have already agreed to partner with us for our 2018 event. We will offer:
- Individual and team prizes courtesy of Larry Cavallo and Cavallo Bus Lines
- Hole-In-One prizes courtesy of Steve Schmitt, Jr. and Steve Schmitt, Inc.
- GU Panther Nike Golf Shirts courtesy of BSN Sports and DeMoulin Brothers & Company
- Golf balls courtesy of Ritchie Ware and Ware, Inc.
- Catered lunch courtesy of Dr. Matt McCullough and Greenville Family Dentistry
- Continental breakfast courtesy of Jim Catanzaro and Sodexo Campus Services
- Gift bags courtesy of Kendell & Ande Stephens and Midland States Bank
The number of student-athletes at Greenville University continues to rise with the recent addition of new programs. Forty-five percent of all Greenville University students are student-athletes. Our athletic budget is tied to tuition dollars collected, and we have realized serious cuts in recent years. Our coaches have to find alternative funding for their own programs from between $2,000 and $8,000 per year depending on the sport. The $15,000 or more we typically raise through this event is needed for us to be competitive in recruiting and contests. Your help is critical!
Please consider assisting our student-athletes by contributing to the Panther Pride Golf Scramble in one or more of the following ways:
- Gift Bag Sponsor ($500)
- Corporate Sponsor ($300)
- Tee Sponsor ($150)
- Golfer ($150 per entry, $600 per foursome)
- Prize or Gift Donor (donating prizes or making a financial gift of any amount)
You may register online at greenvillepanthers.com/golfscramble, and you can contact B.J. Schneck at (618) 664-6621 for more information.
I look forward to seeing you there as we strive to transform our students' lives!
Director of Athletics