CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
The Greenville College Athletic Department is excited to host its 22nd Annual Panther Pride Golf Scramble on Friday, June 10. We will again play at Indian Springs Golf Club – just west of Van Burensburg, Ill., on Illinois Route 185. From this point forward, the event will be known as the Jack D. Trager Memorial Panther Pride Golf Scramble, named in memory of our late Athletic Director, Head Men's Basketball Coach, and Head Golf Coach Jack Trager.
Key sponsors have already agreed to partner with us for our 2016 event. We will offer:
- Hole-In-One prizes courtesy of Steve Schmitt, Jr. and Steve Schmitt, Inc.
- Golf balls courtesy of Ritchie Ware and Ware, Inc.
- Golf shirts courtesy of Don Adamski and DeMoulin Bros. &Co.
- Catered lunch courtesy of Dr. Matt McCullough and Greenville Family Dentistry
- Continental breakfast courtesy of Kendell and Ande' Stephens
The number of student-athletes at Greenville College continues to rise. This year we have over 350 student-athletes and 41 coaches. Back in 1987 when we began football, we had 215 student-athletes and 18 coaches. My how times have changed! Our athletic budget is tied to tuition dollars collected, and we have realized serious cuts in recent years. Our coaches have to find alternative funding for their own programs from between $2,000 and $8,000 per year depending on the sport. The $15,000 or more we typically raise through this event is needed for us to be competitive in recruiting and contests. Your help is critical!
Please consider assisting our student-athletes by contributing to the Panther Pride Golf Scramble in one or more of the following ways:
- Gift Bag Sponsor ($500)
- Corporate Sponsor ($300)
- Tee Sponsor ($150)
- Golfer ($150 per entry, $600 per foursome)
- Prize or Gift Donor (donating prizes or making a financial gift of any amount)
Please be sure to register by Friday, May 13, 2016, in one of four ways. You may use the enclosed registration form to register by mail, or you can fax the form to (618) 664-1060. You are also able to register online at http://www.gcpanthers.com/golfscramble, or you can contact B.J. Schneck at (618) 664-6621 to sign up.
I look forward to seeing you there as we strive to transform our students’ lives!