In order for the traditions of the past to benefit the program of the future, the Department of Athletics has established a Greenville College Athletic Hall of Fame. The focal point is a permanent gallery in the lobby of H.J. Long Gymnasium. In addition, each Hall of Fame honoree is presented with a special plaque.
The Greenville College Athletic Hall of Fame selection committee has met and decided upon its 2016 inductees. The 2016 banquet will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, in the Armington Center on the campus of Greenville College.
The 2016 honorees include -
- Martin Daily '76 - Athlete Category (Baseball)
- Craig Harper '89 – Athlete Category (Men's Soccer)
- Meredith Deters Dust '04 - Athlete Category (Women's Cross Country, Women's Track and Field)
- Natalie Lappe Goestenkors '08 - Athlete Category (Women's Soccer, Women's Basketball)
- Robert Blume '62 - Meritorious Achievement Category
- 1992 Golf Team - Team Category
- 1995-96 Men's Basketball Team - Team Category
The 2016 recipient of the Order of the Orange and Black Award is Josh Kuusisto '15 (Men's Track and Field).
Further information and details will be announced this summer and early in the fall.