The Greenville College Athletic Department is excited to host its 2nd Annual Jack D. Trager Memorial Panther Pride Golf Scramble on Friday, June 9. The event is named in memory of our late Athletic Director, Head Men's Basketball Coach, and Head Men's Golf Coach Jack Trager.
This year marks the 23rd occurrance of this major summer fundraising event. For the first 21 years, it was known as the Panther Pride Golf Scramble. We will again play at Indian Springs Golf Course – just west of Van Burensburg, Ill., on Illinois Route 185.
Several generous key sponsors have already agreed to partner with us for our 2017 event. We will offer:
- Individual and team prizes courtesy of Larry Cavallo and Cavallo Bus Lines
- Hole-In-One prizes courtesy of Steve Schmitt, Jr. and Steve Schmitt, Inc.
- Golf balls courtesy of Ritchie Ware and Ware, Inc.
- Golf shirts courtesy of Don Adamski and DeMoulin Bros. &Co.
- Catered lunch courtesy of Dr. Matt McCullough and Greenville Family Dentistry
- Continental breakfast courtesy of Tim Lucas and Sodexo
The number of student-athletes at Greenville College continues to rise with the recent addition of new programs. Our athletic budget is tied to tuition dollars collected, and we have realized serious cuts in recent years. Our coaches have to find alternative funding for their own programs from between $2,000 and $8,000 per year depending on the sport. The $15,000 or more we typically raise through this event is needed for us to be competitive in recruiting and contests. Your help is critical!
Please consider assisting our student-athletes by contributing to the Panther Pride Golf Scramble in one or more of the following ways:
- Gift Bag Sponsor ($500)
- Corporate Sponsor ($300)
- Tee Sponsor ($150)
- Golfer ($150 per entry, $600 per foursome)
- Prize or Gift Donor (donating prizes or making a financial gift of any amount)
Please be sure to register by Friday, May 26, 2017, in one of four ways. You may use the enclosed registration form to register by mail, or you can fax the form to (618) 664-1060. You are also able to register online at http://athletics.greenville.edu/golfscramble, or you can contact B.J. Schneck at (618) 664-6621 to sign up.
I look forward to seeing you there as we strive to transform our students’ lives!
Dean of Athletics